- Fuel Marketers: Incentives & Resources for Blending Biodiesel
Fuel Marketers: Incentives & Resources for Blending Biodiesel
If You're Not Blending, You're Losing
Iowa incentives, combined with federal programs,
help make the economics favorable for blending Iowa
biodiesel into diesel.
State Incentive Programs
Biodiesel Retailer Credit
- Retailers selling biodiesel blends can claim a per-gallon incentive. Effective January 1, 2023:
- B5-B11: $0.035/gallon through Dec. 31, 2022
- B11-B19: $0.05/gallon through Dec. 31, 2027
- B20-B29: $0.07/gallon through Dec. 31, 2027
- B30+: $0.10/gallon through Dec. 31, 2027
Fuel Tax Differential
- B11 Fuel Tax Differential: A 3-cent differential in Fuel Tax for blends of 11 percent or higher.
- Effective July 1, 2024:
- B20 or higher with an eroding $0.03 differential based on market share
- Sunsets June 30, 2030
Renewable Fuels Infrastructure Program: Funds upgrades to petroleum equipment to grow renewable fuel availability in Iowa.
Apply for the federal Blenders Tax Credit (form 8864)
DOE's Handling & Use Guide (PDF)
Clean Fuels Alliance America website
Help customers find you on the national map!